Class Information

Monday, September 14, 2026

Needle Minders - Set 4

Needle minders are a tool that allows you to park your needle when you stop working on your stitching and not have it go missing. We all have been there. They have a powerful rare earth magnet in them that it needs to be kept away from electronics, kids and pets.
I did try several approaches which involved placing the magnet in fabric but it lessened it's effectiveness to much for my liking. I then did a deep dive in my metal storage bins to see what was there. It yielded some goodies. Of course, some of the metal I had was not steel and was not attracted to the magnet at all.

How to Use the Needle Minder: Placing the magnet against the front fabric of your project just place the other on the back of your fabric. When leaving your stitching for a bit just place your needle in the center of the minder and it will be there when you get back.

Packaged it in cellophane and stapled on a header.



For this needle minder I used a pewter colored metal circle brad.  I cut the prongs on the back just enough to leave a space for the 1/4' rare earth magnet. I glued the magnet in place.

I glued a dark button in the cup of the second brad once I removed the prongs. These were left to dry overnight.

I stitched a frame on the Aida cloth with green thread.

I added a green head pin.




For this needle minder I chose a house magnet from my collection.  It already had a magnet on the back.

I chose a silver disk for the back piece to which I added a string of pink E-beads to help the user remove it from the magnet if necessary.

I chose a bright pink fabric which I folded in half and stitched a frame around with pink thread which barely shows. 

I added a pink head pin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.