Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Cmas Card Challenge - March - Monochromatic













The theme for March is monochromatic. Choose a color and select several hues of it for one card. Select light, medium and dark hues of a color. Texture is a great way to add interest if the colors don't offer a lot of contrast. Texture can be added with fiber, embossing folders, thermal embossing, felt, flocking, ribbon, and much more. What comes to your mind? Make a card and add a link to your card in a comment on this posting. I'd love to see what you create.

I chose a card stock textured with columns in a cream color. I added a layer of vellum that has seasonal text printed in a gold color then embossed with Pastel embossing powder. This powder allows the base color to show through and adds a pearl look to it. I cut a Sizzix star from pearl card stock and placed it over the vellum. I placed adhesive under the star to keep the vellum on the card stock and the star to the vellum. I trimmed star to the card edge. I added cream colored brads in opposite corners to help keep the vellum in place.

I managed to get credits and inserts in all of them so far. That was my drawback last year.
I made 8 of these.
Total cards: 20

3 comments:

  1. Here's Teena's card in a blue monochromatic theme. Great card!

    http://teenaspaperpassion.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have managed to get some monochromatic cards made for your challenge. Check them out here:

    http://tmalakart.blogspot.com/2011/03/christmas-cards-monochromatic-challenge.html

    I will see about catching up on your Jan and Feb challenges as well.

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a link to Carole's card.

    http://carolescornerofcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/03/su217-joy.html

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.