Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Card - CST Challenge #3 - Flower

This week's challenge is to have a flower on the card. I'm always in Christmas card mode in June because of my Stack Classes so I thought why not!
I started with a red card and embossed the bottom with the Cuttlebug large dots folder. I trimmed my gold decorative paper to leave a 1/4 inch border. I then placed a nice organza/satin ribbon in red across to cover the lower edge of the gold MC paper. The green leaves was cut with a Sizzix Flower Layers #2 flower die. I then layered a white silk and a red silk flower with a gold sequin in the centre. All held together with a tiny gold brad.
I wanted to only emboss the bottom 1/4 but because the folder is large it would only fit a certain way in the Big Shot so my gold paper would not be affected by the texture underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.