Saturday, June 11, 2011

Christmas Stack Class - Button Ornaments

I selected 2 color schemes for this card. One is very traditional red, green and white the other is vintage with cranberry, olive and purple. I designed my ornament hangers and printed them onto vellum along with the greeting. I trimmed the decorative paper (polka dots or diamond pattern) and glued it to the card. I separated the greeting from the hangers but cutting in between. Alternative is to leave it together and just trim the outsides. The hanger piece is square and is mounted to the paper with a narrow bit of double sided paper at the very top which will be covered by the ribbon and under the buttons. I positioned the ribbon at the top of the hanger vellum low enough to cover the tape I had placed there earlier. I made a slit in the fold and pull the ribbon through and taped both ends to the inside of the card. I trimmed the greeting as needed and mounted above the ribbon with 2 tiny brads. The buttons are held in place with Zots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.