Monday, August 1, 2011

Cmas Card Challenge - August - Christmas Glitters

I found this POW glitter paper at a local scrapbook store. It is gorgeous! Unfortunately, scanning does not do justice to it. The paper is plastic backed with created a bit of a challenge for the Sizzlet die.
I bought the polka dot paper at the same time because they worked together well. I found a dusty blue cardstock for the card. I created a gate-fold card with the split in the middle. I trimmed the designer paper to fit both sides of the card fronts. Then, I selected a taupe cardstock to cut the scalloped circle with my Nestabilities Classic die. The brown layer is cut with the coordinating Nestabilities circle dies. The word "Peace" was cut with a Sizzlet border die, recently discontinued by Stampin Up! I used a snail tape runner to apply glue to the back of the die-cut because it is very shiny. I wanted a touch of blue repeated so I use a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to add it.
I made 5 of these so bring my total to 72 cards.

1 comment:

  1. It is unfortunate that glitter doesn't scan, isn't it? Nice card! Here is my glittery card:
    http://carolescornerofcrafts.blogspot.com/2011/08/su219-dryer-sheet-technique.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.