Thursday, October 20, 2011

Cards - Thank You Gift

 Here' the other cards in the gift of cards I made for a friend this summer.  I know she likes to give handmade cards. 

I started with a green card and I added a piece of Designer paper to the right hand side.  Then I added the ribbon over the left hand edge. I've been wanting to try this Folded Ribbon technique for a while.  You need soft ribbon. This one is soft like seam binding.  I used the steam iron to create the folds and have them stay in while I tried to adhere the ribbon to the card. I laid a strip of double sided tape to the card and carefully laid the ribbon down one fold at a time.  Once it was all down I trimmed the ends to the card edge.  I decided I needed a bit of insurance so I laid the narrow red ribbon over the folded ribbon and taped the ends to the inside of the card.  I added a Five Petal Punch poinsettia which is held in place with a gold brad.
 This card is Soft Suede?? I found a matching piece of Designer Paper which I placed on the right hand side of the card.  I cut a piece of ribbon and laid it over the left hand edge of the DP and taped the ends to the inside of the card.  The ornament is a Sizzix die cut from Ruby Red.  I cut the accents in gold cardstock and glued them according to the packaging.  I created a hold in the hanger with a push pin and used a bit of gold thread to "hang" the ornament and glued the ends to the inside of the card.


This card is Ruby Red I think.  I trimmed a piece of DP and adhered to the card front.   I added a strip of Old Olive which I stamped some texture on it with a small dots.  I stamped a greeting  and punched it out with the Modern Label punch.  Stuck that on the right hand side below the large poinsettia.  I added a small Old Olive punchie to the centre of the large flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.