Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Turquoise and Red China Mug

I started with this set of dishes this morning.


The salad plate is by IKEA and features a large white flower outline with a few hits of red petals. 

I paired it with a Cashmere red and white fine bone china mug by Maxwell and Williams which features very similar lines as the plate.

I chose Battenburg lace doilies and a turquoise napkin on a linen tablecloth.









This was breakfast.  I had a whole wheat pancake left over from the other day.
I added a fried egg and some veggies. Mushroom, garlic, red onion and a bit of old white cheddar cheese.  When I use my cast iron fry pan I have to make sure I don`t set the heat too high.  This time the veggies worked out really delicious.  I hope I can duplicate it again next time.








I added a red rose in a small white ceramic vase to repeat the red.  Would be nice to have real flowers in that size but not going to happen.




The tea this morning was Rooibos Cinnamon Chai by David`s Tea. A gift from my niece for my birthday last month.

It was good with a bit of honey and some cream.


I had a bit of raspberry compote which I made earlier which is berries, a bit of sugar and some regular gelatin.  It will be Bavarian but I did not have whipping cream so I will have go shopping to complete the recipe.

I just poured regular cream and served it in this small glass dessert dish.  I bought a couple of these recently and I am very happy with them.  Helps me keep portions on the small side.
I added a Simple Pleasures Cranberry Citrus cookie.  Was great with my second cup of tea.


Sharing with
Bernideen`s Tea Time - Avonlea

Tuesday Cuppa of Tea - hosted by Ruth

5 comments:

  1. Sylvia, that looks gorgeous. And I loved that you had a leftover pancake! So many people would have just thrown it out, but I would have saved it too - if you reheat properly, it can be good as new!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy looking breakfast, and such a cheery table setting. Red and aqua pair so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sylvia!Your breakfast looks delicious!Love your dish and the mug,beautiful colours!Hugs,Maristella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another pretty table setting. The Ikea plate and M & W mug blend together beautifully! I'm also salivating over your tasty breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the graphic appeal of the mug. So pretty! I save and eat my pancakes too...as my husband doesn't care for them I always have leftovers if I have a yen to make some! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.