Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Recent Photos

It has been a whole month that I have kept my dining room table clear of clutter!

I can actually sit at the tables for meals but rarely do.  I should work on that habit.

I worked on the process when I got a lot of company before the holidays. 

I quilted recently and that requires the wooden table so it was messy for a few days but I put all the quilting stuff away and it's back to looking good.


Aren't DVDs great!  When you are ready to get back into the routine they still provide their programming as they did the last time you started down this road.

I love the Leslie Sansone program because I can customize the work out to my available time, works the important muscle groups and provides 5 aerobic programs.  Going on 3 weeks now of 5 days a week.  It contributed to my better response to the 10 days of -30 weather we had recently.  Last year, I hid under the blanket on the couch for most of the cold snap.

I bought this wreath on sale after Christmas.  I was looking for a smaller one with more elegant lines than this one which I have used since 2015.

I will refurbish it for next Christmas. First, the greenery it makes it hang crooked because the weight is only on one side and it is not the most elegant fake greens.

I just love this geometric one that I bought a couple of years ago and just don't what to take the chance of losing it by hanging it on the outside of the door.  I enjoy it all year round in my place.

I finished this book last week - Father Melancholy's Daughter by Gail Godwin.  It was a tough read for me.  The idea of a mother abandoning her child did not sit well with me.  Then the father suffers depression episodes which leaves this girl fending for herself often.

The book is about an Episcopalian priest so church life is very prominent in the story.  Living in a rectory, saying mass, and the meeting of the vestry.  His social life which bring in parishioners of every temperament.  

The book has a surprise ending but for me it did not redeem the book that much. 

I had a new deadbolt installed this week as well.  The old one has been sticking for a while then the cold made it worse.  I put WD40 in which made it much worse.  Just eventually nearly refused to turn and I did not want to break my key.

I had to wait 2 days to get service but I had a great locksmith come to help me in the cold last week who worked beyond his schedule to get mine done.  He was able to provide a brushed nickel finish which was great.  Now I need to replace the door knob so it will match.  I have brushed nickel knobs on all the doors on the inside of my place.

I will be purchasing a tube of graphite lubricant which is what locks need.






I have been enjoying aroma therapy every day.  Using a wax warmer makes it really easy.  I don't burn candles anymore.  This model is from Febreze and I chose it for it's simple elegant lines, neutral color palette and no light bulbs to replace.

My favorite scent is Cinnamon Vanilla from Scentsy.  I will have to find a rep so I can purchase more.  I tried over Christmas but was not successful in getting a response from the rep I contacted.

I have the warmer on a timer so I don't have to remember to turn it off.

2 comments:

  1. Sylvia - I can relate to the cluttered table problem. On the main level of our house, where we spend the vast majority of the time (and where the cat is allowed to be), we only have the dining room table and the kitchen island that make for good working surfaces. Of course, hubby/chef would not abide my using the island, so my end of the dining room table usually has 3 -4 projects occupying it! Fortunately, there is still room for a place setting and we are quite disciplined about eating dinner together there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to catch up on what you've been doing! That cold snap you've been having is really something. We're inundated with rain, rain, and more rain these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.