Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Sewing Project - Quilt 4 - IKEA Fabric Panel

I finished another small quilt today.

Finished Size: 39" W x 44" T

Front: IKEA fabric panel

Backing: Red Cotton Twill fabric

Batting: Fleece

Binding: Striped cotton fabric
Fool Proof Quilt Binding video

Quilting: Followed the stripes across the quilt.

The backing fabric is heavier than quilting cotton which was really nice.

For the batting in between the front and back I used leftover pieces of fleece from this Pot Protector project.

The binding was leftover fabric in bright cheery colors similar to the front fabric.  It was cut to 2.5 inches.

I pinned the layers together with small safety pins before I ran the lines of quilting across the front.  I chose red thread to hide it as much as possible.

I then squared it and applied the binding.  It will make a child a nice quilt to help them through a difficult time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.