Saturday, January 25, 2020

Sympathy Cards

I made a few cards for my cousins whose Dad passed away in December.  The Celebration of Life service is today.

This is a left over kit from Tuesday's class.  A DSP Split.  The designer paper was split and reassembled by flipping the smaller top piece.  I added a taupe grosgrain ribbon over the join.  It was adhered to a kraft card base.

I added a white silk flower, an aqua flower, a white sequin all held in place with a light blue tiny brad.

The greeting is a Stampin Up Modern Label in kraft with a Word Window sentiment layered and adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

The card on the right features a sunflower cut with a Cuttlebug die and a 1" circle of brown in the center.

I drew the stem and leaf with a couple of green markers.  I added some yellow to the deckle edge with marker.


The greeting is a Stampin Up Modern Label in garden green with a Word Window sentiment layered and adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

The next couple of cards were discovered during my de-cluttering. They were many years ago and stored in cellophane were still in great shape.

The flowers were stamped with a Magenta stamp and watercolored.  I added a Stampin Up Word Window sentiment mounted with 3D foam tape. The edges of the white layer were ripped then mounted to a small sheet of my own handmade paper.


One with blue tones and the other with purple tones.




On the left, another card featuring a small handmade paper sheet in white onto which I hand painted a blue daisy. I mounted it to a brilliant blue  card base .


I added a Stampin Up Modern Label in bright green with a Word Window sentiment mounted with 3D foam tape.

I loved making these type of cards.

This is design I call Angled Rectangle.  I angled a piece of designer paper onto the green card front, adhered it and trimmed it to the card edge.

I used a trimmed piece, turned it over and adhered it aligned the long edge.  I added a white silk flower, an aqua flower and a white sequin held in place with a tiny blue brad.






I added a Stampin Up Modern Label greeting in the bottom right hand corner adhered with 3D foam tape.

It is a versatile design as it will do wide/landscape or tall/portrait orientation.

The one on the left has a 1.25 inch yellow circle with a navy Sizzix Winged Beauties butterfly in navy.

I added a Stampin Up Modern Label sentiment with an offset navy layer mounted with 3D foam tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.