Monday, August 3, 2020

Sylvia Simple Shots

Cold drinks are an absolute must in these temperatures.   We had 30C yesterday which is way too hot for me. 

Just ice balls with soda water in a double walled glass so it will stay as cold as possible!

I created a low key image to have the yellows stand out!

Staying hydrated in this weather is important and I don't need extra sugar so this works well for me.

I had 4 extra glasses of water yesterday. 





My African Violet is blooming!

I have such poor luck with plants so I am stoked to see blooms. As you can see they are a gorgeous deep purple color and there will be many it seems!

Yeah! Yeah!

The north window is working so well.  Now that it is hanging just above the sewing machine, it is great. I have plants in a couple of places in my home!








I believe this is a thistle bloom.   I love the jagged edges of the petals.

It has not rained in about a week here so I generally always carry my spray bottle to give my photos a bit of something extra when needed.

I love this shot!



I found a Lady Bug Hatchery! There was a lot of them in different stages of development.

The bug on the right is a Lady Bug Larvae becoming and developing it's wings.  Very cool!  It is interesting that the body under the hard wings looks very similar to the larvae but we hardly ever see it because it's flying when the body is exposed!

I worked on making more face masks. I tried a fitted one this time.  I like it.  Still hot in these temperatures but less fabric.

The features of this face mask are a draw string tie so you just pull to tighten.  I had found someone on line recommending putting a kleenex on the nose piece to help with glasses fog.  I decided to put a permanent layer of terry cloth which fills in the spaces around the nose and absorbs the moisture from your breath.  Works quite well.

This one also allows me to put a filter on the inside if I want to.  Never know what options I will need before this is all over.

Flickr Macro Monday challenge this week is Chocolate! Well I love this one!  I bought 5 different kinds because I wanted options for a good photo. Photographing chocolate up close is challenging because some of it is not pretty.  Do we really look at it before we put it into our mouths, I would suggest not!  I have Chocolate Chips here and check out my photostream SMDPics for the image I submitted.

I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #91
and
Mersad who hosts Through My Lens #251           Have a safe week!

11 comments:

  1. Love your Bodum glass, very cool! We are suffering from foggy glasses when wearing our surgical masks whilst shopping, will add a Kleenex next time to see if it helps.
    Happy MM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Monday. Stay safe. I am at #20 on the linky today.

    💝◠‿◠

    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ladybug photos are amazing! How interesting to see them change like this. Love that African violet. I used to have those and always enjoyed them. Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make everything beautiful ...even a glass of water is magic through your eyes and camera! Most important is the masks ... you have one great ideas here. Your chocolate chips *are* pretty, but you are right about that yummy stuff not always being lovely. (Especially, I can say from sad experience, if you accidentally sit on a piece of it.))

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely blue flower. Wish I had a Lady Bug Hatchery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every photo is a gem. The ladybug hatchery is fascinating. I had no idea such a thing existed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sylvia - you know it is hot when I say I won't go in my garden because of it! There is a cooling trend this week, and I am grateful. Congratulations on your African violets. My Mom has dozens of them and I am always fascinated by the variations. It never would have occurred to me to take a spray bottle to give my flower photos extra oomph. Great idea! And I will also try the kleenex tip ... Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday, and enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had mild temperatures and more frequent summer rain than normal here on the west coast. The next two weeks will be similar. We are hoping that this will help keep forest fires to a minimum. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes stay hydrated especially if out in the heat. Nice shot of the lady bugs.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos, and thanks for teaching me something about ladybugs!
    I wouldn't mind some of your weather as it's winter here in New Zealand! I use spray bottles, too, especially for spider webs.
    Who doesn't like chocolate!


    Feel free to share at My Corner of the World

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! The soda water with iceballs looks so refreshing.

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.