Monday, May 27, 2013

Card Club - May - Bee

I started with this great designer paper by Webster's Pages  in the Clean and Simple line.  I cut the back ground layer leaving a small even border.  I placed it on a ginger colored card.  I wrapped a piece of caramel seam binding around the layer and tied a knot and trimmed the ends.  I glued this layer to the card front.  I cut the bee from coordinating sea foam green card stock with a Sizzix Bee #4 sizzlet die.  I color printed the greeting on ivory card stock and punched it out with Stampin Up Modern Label.  I punched another from the same card stock as the bee. I cut the blue one in half across the width and glued these offset behind the ivory one.  I glued down just the body of the bee so the wings could be brought forward a bit.  With the great colors in the backgroud layer I was able to include olive green cards in some kits and others with a deeper muted green card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.