Saturday, June 1, 2013

Challenge - Stitching

I make this card for this week`s challenge at Weekly Christmas Card Challenges - Sparkles which is stitching - real or faux.  I chose real which makes it good that I am only making one of these.  I started with this great red foil card stock which I upcycled from a really nice chocolate box at Christmas.  I cut a strip with the Stampin Up! Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch.  I then stitched it with gold thread so I end up with this even pattern of up and down stitches.  I applied double sided tape on the back to keep the thread taut.  I printed the SU! Bunch of Backgrounds - Weathered in Always Artichoke on the cream card front.  I stamped my greeting three times across a strip of Always Artichoke with a small clear stamp.  I then adhered my stitching to it with Zots.  I cut three ornaments with the Spellbinder 2011 Heirloom dies in the same red foil card stock. I taped the gold threads on which the ornaments are hanging to the back of the Always Artichoke strip. I decided to leave the ornaments hang loose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.