Monday, May 26, 2014

Card - Farewell

I made this card for a couple who are leaving our office soon for new duties in Toronto.
I started with a blue card and just folded the full sheet in half which makes are large card for everyone to share their sentiments.  I layered onto it some designer paper by Fancy Pants - Tradition from the fancy-free collection by Michelle Coleman.  I punched a border with a Martha Stewart double edge punch from deep red card stock and ran 2 lengths of caramel seam binding through it.  The ribbon was taped to the back of the DP layer.  This layer was then adhered to the card front.  I chose to mix card stock flowers with silk flowers.  I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers die because it provided the size of flower I was looking for. The 2 blue one and the red one were cut from card stock already used in the card. I added 2 velvety satin flowers in between.  I held all of these in place with a large red brad.  The insert is caramel with blue writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.