Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Cards- Damask Top Note

I made a couple of these cards for my exchange group.  I started with cards I bought at a craft store.  They were thermal embossed black on white.  As soon as I saw them I knew what I would do with them.  Paint them of course!  I used Tim Holtz Distress Stain and rubbed it all over then wiped it down to bring out the shine on the embossing.  This color is TH Victorian Velvet.  I cut the decorated piece and a solid piece of black with the Stampin Up Top Note die.  I then trimmed the decorated one on the stitched die cut line and mounted it onto the black one. I cut these in half cross ways and used half on each card.  I dyed the small silk flower with the same distress ink then mounted a large white silk and the small onto the half of the Top Note.  All held in place with a black mini brad.  I stamped the greeting in the right hand corner with a clear stamp and Versafine Onyx ink.  Added a bling rhinestone on the i in birthday.
What can you find that allows you to change it and make it your own?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.