Friday, December 18, 2015

Gift Card Holder - Version 2

Another Gift Card Holder still using the Stampin Up Card Base Pop'nCuts die.  I cut this one from a Dill card stock. This time I used the Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts Magnetic Insert Die - Suitcase, 3-D (Pop-Up) for the inside.  I cut a piece of designer paper with triangle trees on it.  It was trimmed to 9 inches tall and 4 inches wide.  I trimmed the suitcase handle off with scissors. I chose this insert die because it was so close to the size of a gift card. The gift card is held in place with a Zot.I've added a sticky note for my sentiment which will allow it to be reused.
The front has a piece of ivory card stock embossed with the Stampin Up Vintage Wallpaper folder.  I adhered that to the card front then added a red cotton ribbon along the fold.  I cut a red scallop oval with Spellbinder Nestabilities then a smooth oval with the corresponding die.  I cut a triangle tree from the scrap of the designer paper.  Added a gold glitter star cut with the Sizzix Star die.   A SU Modern Label punchie with the Word Window greeting punchie. Not sure the straight edge of the embossed layer is the best but I will continue to tweek the design.
Again, the fact that the card keeps itself closed with the tab/slot is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.