Sunday, May 1, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge - Watercolor - Bethlehem

I was going to use salt to create the stars in the sky but when I looked for the coarse salt it was no where to be found.  I had to settle for Pearl White Acrylic paint.

This is the first one which I used Silver Sharpie for the star which did not do what I wanted.  I did the others in a fine tip Black Sharpie.

I added a tiny silver star brad in the center of the star to adhere to the card stock and repeat the star shape.

I used several colors of watercolor - a deep blue and a blue red so I achieved some purple backgrounds as well. I taped down the watercolor paper to the board to ensure they would dry flat.

Once dry, I placed them on the light table and traced my Bethlehem drawing in black marker.   They were spattered with the white paint and allowed to dry overnight.

I had cut the water color paper with extra so I could  could trim them to the 4.00 x 5.25 inches I needed. 

I chose card stock color to coordinate with the background.  I adhered them to the card front with double sided tape and the brad and pressed them over night.  I then added a seasonal insert and white envelopes.

I used 
Brilliant Blue,
Night of Navy,
Rich Razzleberry and 
another purple which was not Stampin Up for the card bases.

I still would like to try the salt technique so I will pursue the supplies for that.

Happy with cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.