1. A beautiful watercolor print on linen where I stitched around the leaves, flowers and other shapes. I appliqued a piece of mustard fabric to the center of the flower to make it the focal element. The art piece was stitched to a Soft Sky A2 card base.
2. A collection of olive green fabrics was free motion stitched to a layer of cotton batting and a foundation layer. I hand stitched a triangle of red, added a cream button and three vertical lines in cream thread. This art layer was stitched to a warm green A2 card base.
3. I stitched a quilted square to a piece of black cotton fabric and foundation layer then embroidered a pink flower to the right of the quilted piece. The art piece was stitched to a deep pink A2 card base.
4. I assembled a collection of blue cotton fabric scraps over a piece of cotton batting and a foundation layer. Once I was happy with it I used free motion quilting to secure the top layer to the sandwich. I created a slow stitch accent with the yellow rectangles on the left hand side with a star in the middle. The art piece was stitched to a Brilliant Blue A2 card base.
5. A birthday present which I stitched to a piece of hand dyed cotton and a foundation layer using a square paper template. I used a mix of blue and burgundy thread to make a purple stitch line. I stitched a bow and some stars in the background. I stitched the art piece of a lavender A2 card base.
6. I sold the last birthday candle one the day I brought it to the gallery so I had to make another. I used blue fabric scraps for this one. I stitched the 5 candles to a plaid cotton with a foundation layer. I added wicks with black thread. I then stitched the outer orange then the inner yellow lines of the flames. This art piece was stitched to a yellow Bazzil card stock in the A2 size.
7. I assembled a collage of turquoise cotton fabrics layered onto a piece of cotton batting and a foundation layer. I used free motion quilting to secure the pieces to the sandwich. I placed a small piece of aqua batik fabric on the right hand side and stitched leaf branch in dark warm blue. This art piece was stitched to a sea green A2 card base.
These note cards were delivered to the Spruce Grove Art Gallery today.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.