Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Flower in Vase - 07 - 08

I found this scrap of soft jewel toned fabric at the ReUse Center.

It reminded me of a special dress Mom had made for herself.

I thought that would make a special flower.

I made the classic 5 petal flower with 4.5" squares.  I cut a flower from mustard felt and added a yellow button for the center. 

I placed a wooden spacer in the center to accommodate the amount of fabric and provide support for the wire.

I stitched a royal blue felt circle on the back to hide the stitches, etc.

I placed it in a green vase which matches the green in the fabric. I chose a navy wire.  I placed some clear vase filler to hide the bottom of the wire.  I gave it a Thinking of You tag.

I made a 5 petal pink flower from thin cotton fabric in bright pink.  The five petals are a bit smaller about 3.75".  I cut a purple flower for the center and chose a facetted clear glass bead to coordinate with the vase.  I used a button to stabilize the wire then stitched on a purple circle backer to cover the ugly bits.

I wound the purple wire down a bit to fit the pressed glass ball vase.  I used a clear plastic straw to keep the stem in place.  I added some silver and pink crushed glass vase filler with a funnel.

The glass container used to be a bottle so it had screw threads at the top which I wanted to cover.

I cut a piece of the same fabric as the flower and placed it over the opening and tied it in place with purple thread. I pinked the edges to help with fraying. This will be helpful to keep the filler in as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.