Monday, November 1, 2010

Cmas Card Challenge - Nov - Stocking/Ornament

I've expanded this category a bit. The options for this category is wide open.
I decided to make a ornament shaped card. It took a while to figure out the size and shape of the base card. I used a 4" circle to start and drew an ornament based on that. I traced my paper template onto the black cardstock. I cut out the black card with an exacto knife and cutting board placing the fold at the top. I distressed the edges of the card. I cut a 3.5" nestabilities scallop circle in white and embossed it with a holly folder. I added a poinsettia made from the Stampin Up five petal punchies. I put 3 brads in the centre. I used the Stampin Up! Tab punch to make the gold ornament holder at the top. I wanted the card to open flat so I added a gold eyelet to the top card only and put a small hole in the fold to allow my waxed thread to hang straight.





I made 4 of these. My total so far is: 93.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.