Saturday, November 10, 2012

Christmas Card Stack - 3D Snowflake

I started with the 3D clear snowflakes. These are really great!
I created the background and color printed it in colors appropriate for the card and circles selected.  I designed the card in late September and it turned out just as I imagined but I discovered the work and time involved this week.  Wow!
Each card needed a dark, medium and light card stock in coordinating colors. There are 5 circles graduated cut. The circles are .5, 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5 inches.  I decided that the 1.5" one was going to be dark like the card so it would highlight the great central structure of the snowflake.
.5 inch circle punch
1 inch circle punch
1.5 inch Sizzix circle die
2 inch circle punch
2.5 inch Sizzix circle die
I designed this card in blues, purples and greens.  The background is adhered to the card front.  The 4 largest circles are glue on top of each other.  The snowflake is held to the circle layer with a Zot.  The small white circle is added to the centre of the snowflake. This element is then added to the card front with 3D foam tape.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sylvia

    This card is absolutely stunning. Great design!
    Thanks for sharing your art.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.