Tuesday, April 1, 2014

How To: Ink Spot Background

Here's a tutorial on how to make Ink Spot Backgrounds with Tim Holtz Distress Stains. I used Broken China, Tattered Rose, Bundled Sage.

You must protect your work space not just the surface as you will see from my note. I had ink on the walls.
Select your colors that coordinate or work with your theme.  I think this paper will make nice baby cards. You must strike the paper quite firmly.  Do a test on a scrap first if you need to. Spread your spots around the paper randomly.  This for some will be the most challenging.  Have fun!!

This would be a great activity with kids. They can then make projects (cards) with their paper. The paper takes about 10 minutes to dry.  The ink goes a lot way.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. Makes me wonder if bingo daubers would work as well....and you wouldn't have to hit them so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These products are really fun to use, aren't they!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.