Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Decorative Paper - Christmas Cards

I stamped the Stampin Up Gentle Peace stamp on vellum then clear embossed it.  I trimmed the vellum to 3.75x5.00 inches.  I backed it with a pieced of my own decorative paper then placed it on the front of the card. Then I added a star brad at the top of the arch and 2 round ones on each corner of the arch.

The blue one I stamped in Taken with Teal and mounted it on a teal card.  The other was stamped with Handsome Hunter and mounted on a dark green card.  I used Craft ink so that I could emboss it before it dried.




On this card I used some of my ink spot paper in traditional Christmas colors.  I printed the greeting in dark green on vellum and applied gold embossing powder to it.  You can see that some of the green shows through which is kind of cool.  The background ink spot layer was adhered to the card front then the vellum is held in place with glitter star brads.  Really happy with this one.



For this set of cards I used 3 inch watercolors I had designed for a card class a few years ago.  I chose the kelly green and the bright blue from the watercolor and used them in the card and the embossed layer.  The embossing folder I used was the Stampin Up Large Polka Dot.  I added a length of white seam binding across the card tied in a knot then the watercolor is mounted over it.  I added a small felt angel held in place with a tiny star brad.  I no longer have the label which identified the manufacturer but it may have been Hero Arts.


I chose a dark green card for this card with another of my small watercolor backgrounds.  I stamped the greeting in the bottom right hand corner and embossed it with gold powder.  I added a random layer of gold powder to the left of the greeting and embossed it as well.  The angel is held in place with a tiny white brad.










Another watercolor square with a gold glitter star cut with the Sizzix Stars die.  This element is placed over a blue layer which was embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.  Again, on a kelly green card. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.