Friday, June 30, 2017

Coffee Stains

Another card for the Coffee Loving Cardmakers' Summer Blog Hop.


I started with the cup and steam cut with the Cricut and the Joy of the Season cartridge at 1.75 inches.

I chose a blue card stock for the background layer.  I used Tim Holtz Distress Stains to add color to it with the Mini Coffee Splotch stencil by Rebekah Meier for The Crafters Workshop. I used Vintage Photo, Tea Dye and a bit of Tattered Rose distress stains on the blue applied with a sponge through the stencils and applied directly to the paper. I selected a warm toned peach colored card to which I applied Tea Dye and Tattered Rose to tone down the color.

I added a length of taupe seam binding to give the cup a place to sit.  I ran double sided tape across the blue layer then added pleats to the ribbon as I pressed down onto the adhesive.

I did touched the edges of the cup and steam with a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Stain applied with the sponge.

10 comments:

  1. Love the peachy and brown tones! Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and I love the colors used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the splotches and the added ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun polka mug! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love that cup (I used it a bit a couple hops ago - thanks for reminding me about my Cricut cartridges!!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and my favorite color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome distressing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.