Saturday, June 3, 2017

Stash busting - No.8 Cards

I have no idea when I acquired a box of 500 of No.8 envelopes so this is a stash busting exercise.

When my sister visited on the long weekend we brainstormed the options for making cards to fit these envelopes.

It measures 3 5/8 x 6 1/2 inches. They cost a lot less than A2 Invitation envelopes. 

The idea I came up with was using 12x12 card stock to create three 6 1/4 X 3 3/8 inches cards. When scored at 6.25 inches you need to add an additional piece to the other side.



1. Single Side Designer Paper
You can just add a .5 inch strip of coordinating solid card stock.  This gives you an element you can repeat on the accent you add to the card front.
2. Double Sided Designer Paper
When using double sided designer card stock you can leave that color show through below the shaped bottom edge.
3. Either Type of Designer Paper
You can make a landscape card which folds in the center with the solid piece being anywhere along the card front.

Doing some calculations on cost it was determined that over all the cost is higher to make these cards but being in the place that the supplies in my craft space have been there for a long time and it is now a stash busting project.  For that reason, it makes sense to try to make the envelopes and 12x12 card stock leave the house.
It requires me to stretch my brain to design for a new size because I have been making A2 (4.25x5.5 inch) cards for years.  

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I adore the paisley oone. I have a hodge podge of various size card envelopes picked up here and there over the years, but I usually make the A2 sized cards like you, so I should do the same if I want to get them moved out. I also have stopped buying 12 X 12 paper as I have so much and need to use it up. This would be a nice project for me when I take some summer vacation to craft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.