Friday, June 1, 2018

Christmas Card Challenge - June - Brown Gingerbread

The prompt for the Christmas Card Challenge for June is Brown Gingerbread.

I selected a plaid designer paper which had a nice variety of colors.  It has brown, green, pink, blue and ivory.  For this set of cards I selected blue, pink and green card bases.  I cut the designer paper to leave a small border and adhered it to the card front.

I cut the gingerbread men with the Sizzix Gingerbread Man die from warm brown card stock.  I coordinated the pieces behind the gingerbread for eyes and hearts with the card base. I used my white opaque marker to create the marks around the edge of the die cut.

I adhered the gingerbread to the card front.  I then made 1/8 inch holes in the top of the card with hole punch.  I then pulled a length of Martha Stewart brown seam binding through the holes and created a knot in the center of the card.  I trimmed the ends with scissors.

With a great pink option on the back of the DSP I was able to create six cards which a just a bit different from one another.

I finally threw out my white gel markers.  They have not worked from the beginning.  I will have to find a fine white marker because this gingerbread is a regular accent for my Christmas cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.