Monday, June 11, 2018

Recently at My Place

We had a great BBQ on Sunday as a fund raiser to send kids to music camp.

The spread of food was wonderful.  The salads were delicious with great variety.

The meat in forms of burgers and hot dogs was well done.

As you can see I had a plate full which was delicious.



I finished this book last week.  I did not connect as much with this one as I do with the One Thousand Gifts.  We are all broken in some way and how we use that to connect with others serves us well.

I borrowed it from a friend a while back.

I returned it this week with a few Nifty Note cards as a thank you.








I found this DVD series of all 4 seasons at the second hand store a while ago.  I have seen some of the shows on PBS TV several years ago but did not get to watch it in an orderly fashion.

I absolutely loved this shows.  The story is set in 1860s. The main character Laura Timmins raised in the poor hamlet of Larkrise moves to the post office in the market town of Candleford.  She works for her mother's cousin Dorcas Lane who has inherited the post office from her father. It is very unusual for women to own businesses in this time.  There is a couple of sister who own a dress making shop in Candleford as well.
 
It included stories of love, heart ache, being responsible, working hard, learning big and little life lessons.


I have been to the wetlands often.

In the top left is a Red Neck Grebe, a Barn Swallow on the right top.

This little bird with fuzzy edges I believe is a fledgling Robin.  It sat very very still and I think it was scared stiff.  I hope it got the courage to move.

The American White Pelicans are also at the Beaumaris Lake in the north end.  I heard someone saw a Loon there.





This is one of the images I prepared for the Macro Monday Challenge - Hand Tool.  I am starting to be able create a bokeh background regularly.  This my jewelry wire cutters with a bit of gold wire.



I am sharing with Mosaic Monday #87 hosted by Maggie at Normandy Life.

Mersad who hosts Thru My Lens #147 at Mersad Photography.

5 comments:

  1. I too enjoyed the Lark Rise series and have the books on which they were based, I think I'll try and get hold of the box set and watch them again now that you have reminded me how good it was!
    Love the Macro shot of your jewellery wire cutters, very striking.
    So good to have your company once again at MM this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that baby Robin the cutest! And we love the Larkrise to Candleford series too! I wish they had kept it going longer! I just put you on my blog list. I don't want to miss any of your posts! Enjoy your day. Pick me up if you go to the thrift stores today! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much to love in this post! What a good idea for a fundraiser. And I have just discovered Lark Rise, but like you initially, in the middle. I thikn the DVDs are the way to go. Love, as always your birds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy. Lovely birds. Well done finding the Lark Rise series..... Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always looking for a good series, so thanks for the recommendation on Lark Rise.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.