Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Exchange Cards - Blue Wash

I am using up supplies from old kits.  I had the blue card base, the white silk flower, the metal flower, the brad and silver ribbon.  

I needed a new background and some sort of greeting.

I found a couple of pieces of the Blue Wash designer paper which matched the Brilliant Blue card base so that was trimmed to leave a small border.

I taped the ribbon to the back and across the front and again to the back. I found the greeting in my Stampin Up box.  I aligned the flowers to the left of the greeting and adhered these layers together.  I then adhered this layer to the card front.   I then trimmed the greeting to the card edges with scissors.


I used similar supplies for this card. 

I needed a flower diecut which had 6 petals. After perusing my stash of dies, I used largest flower from the Sizzix Flower Layers and Leaves die and some heavy card stock.   I colored it with a bit of Brilliant Blue reinker in watered down and brushed on.

I added the ribbon across the designer paper and then adhered the three flowers with the tiny brad over the ribbon. 

I stamped the greeting on the same heavy card stock, ripped the top edge and soften it with a bit of water. Adhered with double sided tape.

These are headed out to my exchange partners.



1 comment:

  1. The blue wash paper is gorgeous! I wonder if I could try to make some with my watercolors! Enjoy your day. Happy creating!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.