Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Card - Watercolor - Barn

I made this card for an aunt who celebrates her birthday in August.

I cut a piece of 90lb watercolor paper to 4.25 x 6.25 inches and taped it to my hard board.

I found a couple of graphics on line with elements I wanted to use. Specifically, the barn and the fence.

I used my Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons.  I started with a light wash of blue in the top third and a light green wash on the bottom.

I drew the composition by hand with a pencil adding the elements from several inspiration images. I had to dry it several times between layers of color. I did use a fine black marker to add some definition to most of the objects.

The card base is A7 (5x7) in Stampin Up Barely Banana which worked well with the colors in the painting. I just adhered the watercolor layer with double sided tape. A white insert was added to the bottom half of the card with a white envelope.

Note to self: Lighten your pencil marks before painting.  The barn is not wide enough. Remember to use your grey marker instead of black. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.