Monday, May 6, 2024

Card - Sympathy - Watercolor Cattails

While repairs were taking place in the laundry area I decided to make some cards.

My aunt's husband lost his older brother recently so I decided to make a card.

I started with a panel of Mixed Media paper.  I lightly sketched the cattails/bulrushes with a 4H pencil.  I watercolored the background first with blues on top and greens on the bottom.

I then painted the cattails, their stems and the leaves of the plants. 

Once that was dry, I outlined in permanent marker the cattails, stems and a few leaves.

I added a bit of spatter in blue and green.

I used a Stampin Up stamp from the Simply Sketched set with my VersaFine Black ink pad to add the sentiment.  

I then mounted the panel to a brown A2 card base and added some embossed lines on the right hand side with my paper score tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.