Monday, May 6, 2024

Card - Sympathy - Watercolor Flower

A sympathy card for a friend who recently lost her husband.  He has been ill for a while.

I cut a piece of mixed media paper to 4.00 x 5.25 inches.

I loosely sketched the flower and leaves with my 4H pencil. I wet the paper and added the background in blue at the top and green on the bottom. 

I then a painted the flower with an orange and the leaves with sap green.

Once dry I erase the pencil marks and added the spatter marks in blue.

Once that was dry, I stamped the sentiment with my black Versafine pad and a stamp from the Simple Sketched set.

I then mounted the painting to a Kiwi Kiss A2 card base.  With a quarter sheet insert and a white envelope it was ready for pressing.  It will be mailed shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.