Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 041 - Scrapplique - Odd circles

 K3N Cloth Tales Slow Stitching Challenge.

Week 41 - Scrapplique

I did an odd number of circles which were cut by hand with no template.

I dug in the stash and found my background fabric and selected a foundation layer. 

Then I chose 5 cloths and made the circle to match the size of the scrap. Folded in quarters and just cut from edge to edge. I did a bit of extra trimming as needed.

I love the colors. 

Now, Kathryn had indiciated we should cut out the back of the image to reduced bulk but I just was on rote and had blind basted before I knew it. I was not prepared to undo that. It did make stitching a bit tough towards the end.

Just thinking about it just this morning I could have cut out the middle before I stitched the next circle. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.