Monday, October 7, 2024

Oil Diffusers - Travel Case - Set 2

 This is the next set of One of a Kind Oil Diffusers in a travel case.

Just Bee - I made a bee by appliqueing 3 yellow pieces onto a black base piece of felt. I added a circle for the head which I stitched to the body. I used a piece of thin gauzy polyester fabric and cut out the wings. I satin stitched all the way around the outer edge of the wings then put some texture stitching in the wings. I stitched the wings to the body. I then stitched the bee to a piece of turquoise felt which measured about 4x4 inches.  

The back is a piece of cotton fabric which looks marbled.  I added my loop for the hanger and the yellow drop.  The 2 layers were stitched together with blanket stitch all the way around.












Follow your Heart - I cut 3 hearts in different sizes getting smaller as I went. I stitched these together with running stitch then added the 3 flowers at the top of the white one. I then stitched the whole heart to the front of a white background piece of felt measuring approximately 4x4 inches. I stitch the follow stitching in pink around the heart.

The back piece of this diffuser is cotton in a bright fuchsia color with a hanging loop and a pink drop. I chose white thread for the blanket stitch all the way around.  It comes with a travel case.

Note: The background fabric should have been a light color so it would not have darkened the white felt on the front.












Tea Time - This oil diffuser features a yellow teappot ( my favorite) which I drew then cut out of yellow felt. I place a strip of white lace along the edge of the front layer to serve as a tablecloth. I stitched the teapot onto the navy layer over the lace adding accents to it as I went.

The back of this diffuser is white felt with a navy loop and drop.  It comes with the hanger in a travel case.












Just One More Chapter - I created a small book to put on the front of this diffuser.  I chose a patterned piece of cotton and a white cotton for the inside.  I hand stitched these together, trimmed the corners and turned the piece inside out.  The book is stitched to the green backer along the spine of the book so that it opens. I put a little quote on the inside. 

The backer is yellow felt with a loop and drop.  I blanket stitched all the way around with green thread.  It comes with a hanger and a travel case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.