Friday, October 9, 2026

2026 Slow Stitching Project - Page 39 - S2 - T1 Texture, Thread, Taupe, Tulle, Trim

This is my piece for K3N Cloth Tales' 2026 Slow Stitching project - A to Z.

This week's prompt for T1 is texture.  When I first watched the video I was not sure I could pull off such an abstract piece.

I put a thin layer of navy cotton on my foundation layer. They were invisible basted together.

I started with grey and ivory Thread I pull from my trash bin in the sewing room.  Stitched those down loosely. I couched a piece of variegated yarn around the outside.  I then added some yellow Tulle in 3 places.

I dyed some star Trim with acrylic ink sitting with my drawing project. Yellow and sepia. Iron those dry and separated the stars.  I scattered those around the piece and held them in place with 5 stitches.  I couched another piece of cording in a rough circle shape.  

Then I settled into adding running stitch and seed stitch to add some substance to the art piece and just time relaxing with a needle and Thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.