Monday, February 25, 2013

Card Club - Feb - Butterfly

I made the decorative paper. See notes below.  This paper was then trimmed and mounted to the turquoise card front.  I added a dark green organza ribbon wrapped around the whole card front and knotted on the front.  Trimmed the ends.  I added a bit of tape on the inside of the card to keep it in place.  I die cut the butterfly with Spellbinder die in dark green card stock.  I just adhered the body to the card front to allow the wings to be elevated from the card front. I did print greetings in case the girls wanted to make this an Easter or birthday card.

Decorative Paper: I created this decorative paper with the paper I used when I dabbed the green on to my doilies for these cards. I added some Nick Bantock turquoise ink to the paper with a foam paint brush. Once dry, I ironed the sheets flat.  I then created a collage of scripts from Graphics Fairy as background.  I did print this onto the decorative paper but ended up with a paper jam and it wrecked my printer which resulted in a new printer. So Be WARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.