Thursday, December 8, 2016

Art Canvas - Fern

I created another mixed media canvas for the show tomorrow.

I chose the photo for this piece which is a fern from my 2015 Alberta Road Trip Calendar.

I selected the colors for the canvas from the photo and painted a ombre pattern in greens from dark near the bottom to light at the top.  I let it dry overnight.  Once dry, I spattered the canvas with white paint which quickly dried.

I mounted the fern photo to a layer of black card stock leaving a small border.  This layer was adhered to the bottom left hand corner.  It is mounted to the canvas with 3D foam tape.  I colored the sides of the foam tape with a black marker before putting it in place.

Being put into the Miniature Show at the gallery this weekend.

I'm also submitting the Nature Leaf mixed media piece I created a while back.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.