Saturday, October 14, 2017

Monochromatic Madonna

I have been working on more Christmas Card Stack kits. These cards are samples that I decided not to pursue as kits.

This card features Mary and Jesus in lovely soft tones.  The original photo I downloaded from Pixabay.  It did not have the right ratio for the space I wanted it to cover so I widened the image.  I am happy with the way it turned out.  I printed it onto white card stock then fussy cut it to the printed edge.  The image is 3 3/4"T x 3 5/8"W.

I cut the Tim Holtz Cameo Frame in a taupe grey card stock.  It was mounted to a black card.  I rubbed the edges of the central image with a black ink pad to get rid of the white edges and soften the edges of the image. The Madonna image was adhered to the center of the frame with 3D foam tape.

I added 2 tiny black brads in the center of the top and bottom curves. 

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.