Saturday, December 15, 2018

Gold and Green Holy Family Favors

I made over 60 of these for our Women's Ministries Christmas Brunch today.

I cut dark green linen card stock with the Sizzix Bigz Ornament #2 die which allowed me to cut 2 at a time.

I cut the Holy Family with the Penny Black Manger Thinlit Die from gold card stock.  It is attached to the top ornament with a gold star tiny brad.  The top was then adhered to the back one with quick dry adhesive.  These were pressed to ensure good adhesion.
 

The JOY satin ivory ribbon was cut to exact 8" to ensure I had enough to do the lot.  I used a piece of heavy card cut to 8" inches long.  I then wrapped the ribbon front to back until the roll was empty.  I then added the elastics to keep the ends I place while I cut the ribbon at both ends.  The 3yds on a roll produced 13 8" lengths.


I folded the ribbon with the words facing away from me and the pushed the fold through the ornament hanger.  The 2 tails were pulled through the loop and pulled taut.

The ends were trimmed at a slant with scissors.

A great reminder of the Reason for the Season.

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful favours for the ladies' gathering. Worthy of hanging on the Christmas tree, or used as Bible bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.