Tuesday, December 25, 2018

More Sewing - Pot Holders

I worked on some more pot holders as gifts this year as aprons were not in much demand among my siblings.

I love the soft muted tones of the fabric in the center of this set.  The 5 inches squares were given to me by a quilter friend. I added 100% cotton black borders around the square and the back is solid black.  

The stuffing/batting is 100% cotton.

The top stitching is around the center square and well as very close to the edge to close the space where I turned them good side out.

The loop was placed in the center of the square.



I paired an olive green/khaki green organic print with an olive green solid on the back. 

This is a 8.5 inch square which brings it down to 8 inches when completed. 

The stuffing is 100% cotton.

I used my quarter circle template again this time for this set. 

I just pinned the paper to the corner and then sewed following the curved edge.  Repeated for all 4 corners.








There was just enough burgundy fabric to complete this set of flat potholders.  I have enough floral to make another set.

This was left over fabric from the shirt smock apron I made earlier.

The stuffing is 100% cotton.

I chose the half circle template for the top stitching on this set.

It was nice to use up some smaller pieces of fabric.

All wrapped up for Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

  1. Those are so pretty Sylvia. I’d almost be afraid to use them (I’m a messy cook). Your sisters are lucky to get these . Hope you had a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.