Monday, February 3, 2020

Recent Photos

I have started using my slow cooker more.  It gives me the freedom to craft or sew uninterrupted by food prep for supper.

This is 1.5 quart size which is perfect for me.  I have made a veggie curry, barley vegetable soup and just root vegetables in broth as a side dish. 

I was at the ReUse Center this week and found this slow cooker recipe book.  It is a great idea to cook once eat twice.  Mostly it proposes cooking the meat the firs time and then making that into another dish the next meal.

I have browsed it and marked several recipes I want to try.  I have added a few ingredients to my grocery list.

Looking forward to enjoying the free time.



I finished this book last week - Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood.  It was a different kind of book from what I have read in the last few years. I thought I should check out the Canadian author.

It focuses on a lone character called Snowman, who finds himself in a bleak situation with only creatures called Crakers to keep him company. The reader learns of his past, as a boy called Jimmy, and of genetic experimentation and pharmaceutical engineering that occurred under the purview of Jimmy's peer, Glenn "Crake".

Mankind has been overwhelmed by a plague, Snowman is struggling to survive in a world where he may be the last human, and mourning the loss of his best friend, Crake, and the beautiful and elusive Oryx whom they both loved.

I am quite okay with following the author into another world.  I was left with questions so I may have to reread it.  Based on review online the story is deeper than I got the first time.  



I was gifted these small Swarovski Crystal candle holders with blue candles.  Well that works for me in the sense of color and size.

They were sold in the 80s.  The logo is right for the time.  The swan logo has been used since 1989.

They go so well with my Blue Nordic dishes.  Of course the light they reflect is wonderful and brilliant.

I have included several images in this mosaic.







You can check out Flickr Macro Monday whose theme this week is Odd One.  This is one of the compositions I took for the challenge this week.  I really enjoy the challenges on Flickr and participate in this one every week.  The group is well moderated and we have many regular contributors which I look forward to seeing each week.

If you check out my photo stream you can see the one I submitted.




I have decided to do a Blog Give Away so check out the question I am asking.  It will run the full month of February and the winners will be selected on Leap Day - February 29th.

I am linking up with Mosaic Monday #65 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.

3 comments:

  1. Sylvia - so glad to see you return to Mosaic Monday. The crystal candleholders are lovely, and your collage a fitting tribute to them. The odd one photo is very clever - simple but interesting. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cook once , eat twice is a great concept! My mom called that “planned-overs” (as opposed to leftovers, which is just eating the same thing again.). She was really good at it and I’ve been trying for years to get better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.