Monday, May 25, 2020

Sylvia's Simple Shots

I found a riot of red tulips on my trip to ponds in the north.  They were gorgeous! 

They were a wonderful color and in perfect shape.  Beautiful to photograph as they were all in immaculate shape.  Hard to decide which shot to take.

Really enjoyed these tulips on a great morning.

I guess the rain for a couple of days and now sunshine is perfect conditions for the flowers to erupt!







I found this female Bufflehead duck on the Ted Hole Park which hosts 3 small ponds which are interconnected. 

I did not see the male that morning.  She is just a such a cute duck.  Small and beautiful.  Just calmly swimming around and keeping an eye on me. 

A bit of ripple in the water blurred her reflection.  

It was a perfect shot!

Of course the rain has greened up things as well.   Glorious!

The ground was soaked and there was quite a bit of overland flooding so I got my feet wet.

Someone set up a quick bird feeder in the river valley! 

 A clear bottle, cut holes to access the seeds. A wooden chopstick for perches. A string knotted through a hole in the lid to hang it. Fill it with seeds and it's done.

Come to think of it I did not see it on my walk this morning.  I hope no one's taken it down.  I will have to pay attention tomorrow morning.









I have spent a lot of time on my knees in the last few days!

One of the challenges I was taking photos for was Perspective so I was getting low to see what the world looks like from down there!

Here's one I took this morning in a field of dandelions which have popped up with the rain and sun.

A bit of heavy dew on the grass and I came home with wet feet again today.








This was at the Ted Hole Park as well.  I have seen a Northern Flickr a few times but not got good photos.

I was surprised to see it on the ground but it was having breakfast.  The ground was soft and the bugs and worms were a plenty I expect. It would pop up it's head regularly to keep an eye on me. 

I took tons of photos to get a few  good ones. 

I was there on the ground for a good 20 minutes. Great experience!

This is a shot I took for Flickr Macro Monday.  The challenge was "handle".  Some great submissions - take a look if you are interested.

This is the handle to my glass microwave corn popper!  You can check out my SMDPics photostream to see the photo I submitted.


I am sharing with Angie who hosts Mosaic Monday #81 and Mersad at Through my Lens #242

 I have been getting ready for an art show this week and it rain which worked out.  I will have my photos up tomorrow which I submitted.

Have a great week.

4 comments:

  1. I made a bird feeder like that several years ago. Even with drain holes the seeds in the very bottom would get soaked in the rain and sprout. I ended up getting a strand of beads to fill in most of the space to keep the seeds closer to the openings for feeding. It worked well until it disappeared one time we were in town. My guess one of the larger birds gave it too many twirls and the twine at the top broke. It was suspended on a bridge walkway over the water so I'll never know. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - I don't think the title of this post really does it justice. "Simple" shots? They are anything but. You make it look easy, but I know it is not. Hard to pick a favorite; I am torn between the stunning tulips and the adorable female bufflehead. I am so glad you share your talent with everyone at Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh the bufflehead is so precious. The tulips of course are gorgeous.
    Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tulips are fabulous. And so is that sweet duck. I've never seen that species before -- he's darling!

    Happy week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.