I decided to make a new blanket for the car. In case of emergency it would be good to have a good blanket with me.
I was out on Monday so I went to the thrift store to purchase what I thought I needed. I bought the navy fleece blanket and the black cotton sheet for the other side.
The fleece blanket is really too small for an emergency blanket so I googled and generally these blankets are 60"W x 84"T. The old blanket I had in the car was that size so I decided that I would use it as a base. It was the first bedspread I made in my twenties. It was threadbare and very worn. It would work well as a substrate for the fleece.
The navy fleece would do the bottom half so I went into my stash of fabric and found a piece of white which would do nicely. I stitched the 2 pieces of fleece to the old blanket. I did just lines on the navy but I decided to be more creative with the quilting on the white.
I did random geometric shapes. Circles, triangles, zigzags, etc. Some quilted the white to the base and others were added when I quilted that to the black backing.
It was trimmed to 1.5 inches then folded over to the front and sewn down.
The final size: 59" x 75" inches.
This is a really nice substantial blanket which will be great for the car.