Saturday, November 13, 2021

Decorative Magnets


I had fun a while back making liquid acrylic paint backgrounds using 4x6 photo paper. 

I lay drops of liquid acrylic color on a piece of glass, spritz it with water and then lay the photo paper on top.

It always creates wonderful colors in random patterns.

Great abstract art.

Almost always the ink is completed absorbed by the photo paper's front layer as it is meant to be.

This time I found some of the inks acted a little differently, in that some color lay on top of the surface instead of being absorbed.  It may be that I had took much liquid and it could not all be completely absorbed.

With Christmas just around the corner I have decided to make a few small gifts this year.

With these wonderful papers I chose to make decorative magnets.  Since it is photo paper I decided that I could easily print on it with the inkjet printer.  I set out find images and sayings I thought would be compelling.  I have used some sayings I gathered from the internet. I love the flip magnets which you turn over to indicate something.  Like the Clean/Dirty one for the dishwasher.  I have used some of  my Stampin Up digital sets as well.  Again, I had to keep my images and fonts to thin lines because ones with too much surface area did not absorb and stayed wet which was a bummer.  These will make great stocking stuffers.




1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.