Sunday, December 5, 2021

Special Project - Thank You cards

 















I made some thank you cards for the friends and neighbours at Mom & Dad's apartment building.  They have been so good to them.  We planned some treats for them which I will deliver this week.

I started with the watercolor paper which I taped to glass then applied the color to the wet paper.   It was allowed to dry overnight which left it very flat.   I cut the circles with Spellbinder smooth circle thinlets - this one measures 3.25 inches.  I added a length of silver metallic embroidery thread.

I found a few simple images on line - birds, garden and butterflies.  I placed them on my light table and loosely traced them onto the watercolored circles with a black marker.  I added the border all the way around.

I cut pieces of white card stock which measured exactly what I needed then ran them in the BigShot with the Cuttlebug Thanks Words folder.  

I chose a card base that matched the colors in the ornament. I adhered the Thanks layer to the card base then used a black brad to attach the ornament to the card front.  This will allow the receiver to remove it and hanging it in a favorite place.

































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.