Friday, July 1, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge - Watercolor - July - Holy Family

I chose the Holy Family for my July Christmas cards.

I selected certain elements from the Gentle Peace digital stamp set.  The set is stained glass but I just used the arch background, the star and the family. 

I first trimmed the 140lb watercolor paper to 3.5 wide and just applied watercolor from the Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder Crayons.

I let that dry overnight so that it would remain flat.  I trimmed the long strip into pieces 4.75 inches tall.

I placed the watercolor paper over the black printed image and traced the pieces I wanted.  Let the black ink dry then watercolored the pieces I wanted.  Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus with the star. The background changed some of the colors but that is okay.

I traced the greeting as well which I printed in black.  Card one is Not Quite Navy card base, card two is Baked Brown Sugar base, card three is Always Artichoke and card four is Rich Razzleberry. I mixed and matched greens for Joseph`s garment, blues for Mary`s and purple for royal Jesus.


I adhered the watercolor accent to the card front with double sided tape and pressed them under a stack of books over night.

I added a quarter sheet insert with a seasonal appropriate sentiment and a white A2 envelope.

 
I  have lost count of the number but I am happy with my progres

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.