Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Watercolor - Birthday themed cards

I worked on some more cards for upcoming birthdays.

I am not choosing to put greetings on my cards these days but the subject matter helps to communicate the sentiment.

I created birthday candles on this one.  I put an odd number of them.  These were penciled in then traced with the black marker then colored in bright colors.

I drew various patterns on the candles.  Some were made with the black marker and others were added once the first wash was dry.

Once the candles were dry then I added some spatter with orange and blue.

The paper is 140lb rough water color paper trimmed to about 4.00 x 5.25 inches.

Mouunted to Tango Tangerine card base with a quarter sheet insert on the inside with a white envelope!


The cards above are based on a similar process.  The one on the left is presents on a Pink Passion card base. The one on the right is balloons on an Elegant Eggplant card base with a wrap of purple crochet thread wrapped around the accent layer and tied to the front.  These will go in the stash for the summer birthdays coming up.

It was a good idea to create watercolor cards this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.