Monday, August 1, 2022

Exchange Card - August - Watercolor

I decided to make watercolor cards for my exchange cards for August.

I drew a few flowers with a pencil, traced the shapes with the black Micron marker then watercolored them in bright colors.

Once they were dry I went back and added the green wash to the bottom of the card.  

Once that was dry then I added spatter with blue water color.

The flowers are just designer shapes with no attempt to represent flowers realistically.

The stems and leaves were done in warm and cool greens.

The water color accent as adhered to to a Pool Party card base with 3D foam tape.

Great all occasion card.

I created some funky flowers on this piece of 140lb rough watercolor paper which measures about 3.5 inches square.

I drew the flowers with pencil, traced the shapes with a Micron permanent black marker, erased the pencil marks and applied watercolor.

I flooded the large center with yellows, oranges and a touch of red. The petals were left white. The leaves were painted green.

Once the flowers were dry a light green wash was applied to the background.

The Summer Sun card base had a length of satin stitched Gumball Green ribbon wrapped with ends taped under the focal element.  The watercolor square was adhered with 3D foam tape.

These are off to my partners this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.