Thursday, August 25, 2022

Watercolor - Birthday Garden

Another watercolor card for a friend who had a birthday in early August but I was dealing with funerals, etc.

I wanted to paint a flower garden and I think I got parts of it right. I started with a pinkish background made a while ago. I penciled my composition. With a few samples layout on the computer screen I chose a few I liked.  I love the dragonfly and the yellow flower. I think I did a decent job of creating the shorter greenery towards the bottom.  I think the spiky flower is too big. The green stems are too different in color. Should have stuck to warm green. 

I added a Stampin Up Modern Label punchie in Sage Shadow and added a Word Window greeting that coordinated.  I chose a Tempting Turquoise card base to match the dragonfly. It is off to my friend tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Syliva - I think it's lovely and that your friend will appreciate the hand-made card! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.