Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Watercolor - Blue and Yellow

A belated birthday card for my friend.

I was away last week taking care of Mom when the date went by.

I created a soft blue and yellow background wash which I allowed to dry completely. 

I chose tulips and daisy like flowers for this watercolor.  I placed my blue flowers a little too far to the edges for a perfect composition but I am still happy with it.  Mixed a warm green for the foliage. Added a bit of blue spatter.

I trimmed the watercolor once it was dry.  I chose a Brilliant Blue card base. I added the blue ribbon along the bottom half of the watercolor over the stems and leaves.  I added a blue greeting punched with the SU Modern Label punch, adhered with 3D foam tape.

I will get it to her shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.