Thursday, September 1, 2022

Christmas Card Challenge - Watercolor - Silver Foil Joy

I had some small Christmas note cards featuring a wreath and Joy in silver foil on white card.

I decided to trim the card front off and water color the background with the Stampin Up Watercolor Wonder crayons.  I left the center of the wreath white.

On this card I used Tempting Turquoise with salt.  Once it was dry I trimmed it a wee bit. I added the TT Thread with a large round silver brad to hold it in place aligned the left hand side.

I adhered it to the Tempting Turquoise card base with double side tape.

This card features the same silver foil wreath with the Old Olive watercolor. 

This one was just a basic wash on the background again leaving the inside of the wreath white.

I found some coordinating round sequins in my stash and mounted them with tiny silver brads.  I chose some green and some silver.

The watercolor layer was adhered to the Old Olive card base with 3D foam tape.

A seasonal insert with a white envelope completes the card.

For this card I used the Brave Burgundy watercolor and created a gradient wash with it being light at the top and darker at the bottom.  I actually painted this upside because it works better to start dark and add water as you get lighter.

I chose 4 large silver star brads for this card.  I put them in the four corners.

I adhered the greeting layer to the card front with 3D foam tape.

I made 2 of each color so I have 6 more cards in the Christmas card box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.